The path to happiness isn't associated with wealth and riches. In my travels to different parts of the world,I found that the happiest people were often the poorest. They were thankful for the little they had, and were from worries, stress and anxiety.
Most of us believe that health and happiness are the most important things in our lives. As parents we wish for health and happiness for our children. There is no denying that the two are closely connected to one another. Unless you have good health, happiness is not fulfilled.
Happiness may mean different things to different people. Certain people receive happiness from hard work, while others can be totally fulfilled sitting by a stream with a fishing rod, reading, walking, biking, or working at their favorite hobby.
It proves that we are all unique, and that we function at different levels of personal satisfaction and happiness. There are some things I like to share with you that if practiced will make most of us happier.
12 ways to put you on the path to happiness
Plan 'fun' and 'play' times in your day-timer or your calendar. Don't plan work and busy times only. If you don't plan for fun and play, it won't happen.
The 7 habits of Highly Happy People
1. Focus on the 'now,' instead of letting the past dictate the future. Live in the 'now!' Enjoy the present and learn to make the most of what is in front of you now.
2. Schedule happiness into your busy lifestyle. If you don't plan your happy times, they will elude you by getting trapped on the treadmill of life.
3. Build, nurture your life!You can't leave this to chance. It requires you to continuously work on.
4. Be an optimist! Optimistic people see setbacks as temporary obstacles from which they quickly bounce back. According to a study by the Mayo clinic, optimistic people are physically and emotionally healthier and more productive in their personal and work life. They also tend to live longer.
5. Be generous to others. Generosity does not mean signing your paycheck to the needy. However, you can donate some of your time to needy causes, or help a friend in need. It has been proven that being good to others can boost your sense of self-worth, give meaning and provide happiness.
6. Count your blessings! Most of us don't realize the many blessings we enjoy, such as health, family, relationships with friends, our freedom, nature. There are so many good things in our lives when we think about it.
7. Laugh more! See the humor in things instead of the negatives. Look for the humor in life! Associate with happy optimistic people. Remember, the grouches get you down!