A happy lifestyle is something everyone wants to achieve. While on the surface people may seem to be looking for money, recognition, or other things, what they actually seek is happiness. Unfortunately, many never reach the level of happiness they desire
To achieve a 'Happy Lifestyle' is your responsibility. Don't blame outside conditions, or other people, if you are not happy. While things around you can change, and sometimes get worse, it is you who decides how you will respond to it. You can decide to be happy!
Steps towards a 'Happy Lifestyle'
- Don't compare yourself with others - accept yourself. Without self-acceptance, you limit and block the happiness, love, prosperity and success you will enjoy. If you accept the fact that happiness already exists within you, you will experience more happiness around you
- Appreciate your blessings There are many things we should be grateful for, but we often forget them. When you realize how blessed you are, you will certainly be happier. We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but because of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.
- Define happiness What is you definition of a happy life? If you think happiness is outside you, then you will search for it, thinking that to catch it will be the end reward. However, if it is inside of you, happiness becomes the focus that allows you to live life at its fullest and its best.
- Follow your joy There is a big difference between searching for happiness and following your joy. Following you joy is about listening to your inner desires, realizing what truly inspires you. Ask yourself - "When am I the happiest?"
- Appreciate your relationships People who give their prime time, energy and attention to their most important relationships experience greater happiness. Allow yourself to enjoy the time to have some fun and happiness with people who's company you enjoy.
- Enjoy quality time with your loved ones Relationships with loved ones give us more happiness than any material things in the world. So spend more quality time with them. In such moments, be sure that you devote your attention to them. Divided attention ( with your work, for example ) will decrease the quality of the time.
- Choose happiness Decide that your life, today, this week, this year, is going to be happy no matter what obstacles you meet up with. Set positive and happy goals and follow through with them.
- Appreciate and enjoy nature The beauty of nature can give you peace. Experience how beautiful nature is. There is an abundance of beauty around us.
- Know yourself Know your sources of happiness, your family, relationships, career, hobbies......
- Express your gratitude Gratitude is the shortcut to happiness. The more grateful you are the happier you will be. We all have a lot to be grateful for, if we take time to think about it.
- Smile Smile and the whole world smiles with you - cry and find yourself crying alone. Brighten your day and those around you with your smile
- Listen You can spare yourself a lot of misunderstanding and unhappiness by listening before talking. Try to understand what the other person says and means before responding.
- Put your judgment on hold Look at the positive side of people. Often, we see other people's weaknesses, we should not be too quick to judge. Looking at the positive side will brighten your day as well as others
- Focus on what you can control Trying to change things beyond your control will only frustrate you. Recognize what you can and can't control, and focus solely on the things you can control. You can't change how people around you behave, but you can change yours. So focus on changing your own behavior instead of changing theirs.
- Forgive yourself and others To be happy, you have to be willing and prepared to forget about the past. Happiness starts with forgiveness. You can't carry a grievance and be happy at the same time
- Don't be a martyr Martyrs believe that they have to sacrifice themselves along with happiness in order to enjoy life. Nobody likes a martyr. Martyrs don't even like themselves.
- Live in the 'NOW' Enjoy the moment, the minute, the day, the month, the year. Be aware of your surroundings, people, events, and enjoy them as you experience the them.
The 7 habits of 'happy people'
- Focus on the 'now,' instead of letting the past dictate the future. Live in the 'now' Enjoy the present and learn to make the most of what is in front of you at the present time.
- Schedule happiness into your busy lifestyle. If you don't plan your happy times will elude you.
- Build, nurture your life. You can't leave this to chance. It requires you to continuously work on.
- Be an optimist! Optimistic people see setbacks as temporary obstacles from which they quickly bounce back According to a study by the Mayo clinic,optimistic people are physically and emotionally healthier and more productive in their personal and work life.They also tend to live longer.
- Be generous to others.Generally does not mean signing your checkbook over to the needy. You can donate some of your time to needy causes, or help friends in need,It has been proven that being good to others can boost your sense of self-worth, giving meaning to life and provide happiness.
- Count your blessings! Most of us don't realize the blessings we enjoy, such as health, family, relationships, friends, our freedom, nature. there are so many good things on our lives when we think about it.
- Laugh more! See the humor in things instead of the negatives. Look for the humor in life! Associate with happy optimistic people. Remember, the grouches get you down!