Aging with humor
Why aging with humor? As there are fewer responsibilities, the senior age period is one the more enjoyable time frames in our lives.
This is the time to do things we enjoy, such as golf, fishing, walks, exercise, travel, cruising, enjoying friends, relax at home, enjoy the beach, eating out, playing cars with friends.
The perimeters of LOL in aging are only limited by the scope of our imagination.
Although we may face certain challenges as we age, we have to look beyond these, see the humor and learn to laugh about them, instead of letting them get you down. See also my webpage 'Aging with Humor.'
As we age, we have more time to play. We don't stop playing, because we're old. We grow old when we stop playing
LOL aging wisdom/b>
- at my age , I've seen it all, done it all, heard it all. I just don't remember it!
- There is no 'do not use after this age' label on our bodies
- Don't let aging get you down. It's too hard to get up!
- With age comes skills. It's called multi-tasking - I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time
- I went to the doctor with fluid on the knee. He told me "You're not aiming straight!
- You know you're over the hill when the only whistles you get are from the tea kettle
- Your kids are becoming you....and you don't like them...but your grandchildren are perfect
- Going is good. Coming back is better
- When people say "You look great," they mean for your age
- When you needed the discounts, you paid full price. Now you get discounts on everything, but you're too tired to use them
- You forget names....but it's okay, because other people forget they even knew you
- The 5 pounds you wante to lose is now 15 and you have a better chance of losing your keys than the 15 pounds
- You realize, you're never going to be really good at anything....especially golf
- Your husband is counting on you to remember things you don't remember
- The things you used to do, you no longer care to do, but you really do care that you don't care anymore
- Your husband sleeps better on a lounge chair with the TV blaring than he does in bed. It's called 'pre-sleep'
- Remember when your mother said, Wear clean underwear in case you get into an accident. Now you bring clean underwear in case you have an accident
- You miss the days when everything worked with just an 'ON' and 'OFF' switch
- Now that you can afford expensive jewellery, it's not safe to wear it anymore
- You read 100 pages in a book before you realize you've read it
- What used to be freckles are now liver spots
- Young at heart - slightly older in other places
- I'm speeding, because I have to get there before I forget where I'm going
- I don't exercise - it makes my coffee spill
- I've been diagnosed with C.R.S. - can't remember shit!
- You know how to prevent sagging? Just eat till the wrinkles fill out
- It's scary when you start making the4 same noises as your coffeemaker
Remember! If you haven't got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart....then you're just an old fart!