|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Humormeister's Forum, Issue #00077
March 31, 2014
Welcome to the 77th Humormeister's Forum edition
Still waiting for Spring weather! If this Winter weather keeps up, we'll have to skip Spring and go right into Summer.
We were fortunate to get away to Maui from mid December to mid January, but it seems like months ago. However, if I focus on all the happy and joyful things Spring will bring eventually, I can smile in anticipation.
I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford, then I want to move in with them - Author unknown
Nothing shows a man's character more than what he laughs at - Johan Wolfgang Goethe
The 1 Minute laugh
I had not heard from my youngest son, who lives in the same city about 8 miles away, for several months.
In order to get some reaction, I emailed him this message - 'I'm moving in with you this weekend. In case you're not around, leave a key with the neighbor.'
Within 10 minutes, I received an email and a phone call
Kids are funny!
Johnny used to hang out at local corner market. The store owner didn't know what Johnny's problem was, but the boys would constantly tease him.
They would always comment that he was two bricks shy of a load. To prove it, sometimes they would offer Johnny his choice between a nickel and a dime. Johnny would always take the nickel - they said, because it was bigger.
One day after Johnny grabbed the nickel, the store owner took him aside and said, "Johnny,those boys are making fun of you. They think, you don't know the dime is worth more than the nickel. Are you grabbing the nickel because it is bigger, or what?
Johnny, with a big grin on his face said,"Well, if I took the dime, they'd stop doing it, and so far I have saved 20 dollars."
How to improve your sense of humor
1. Put a smile on your face - Smile at simple joys, seeing kids play, meeting a loved on, or friend, seeing beautiful flowers, scenery.
2. Look for the funny side of things - laugh about your own mishaps. See the funny side before the serious.
3. Select and view more comedy in your life - movies, plays, TV programs.
4. Read the comics, the funny stories on life - discuss the funny things you read with your partner and co-workers.
5. Look through the 'humor' greeting cards section in stores - they can be a great inspiration for improving your sense of humor.
6. Recall the most embarassing experiences in your life - find the humor in them. Share them with friends.
7. When someone offends you or makes you angry, respond with humor - humor will disarm many situations.
8. When something annoys or frustrates you, try to look at it with a humorous eye - by letting it get to you, it only accomplishes to put you in a sour mood.
9. Learn from young children - they are able to find humor in most situations.
10. Lear to laugh twice as much as you think you do - the world is much too serious!
You can now follow me on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/gerry.hopman
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/humorlaughter
Linked-in - http://ca.linked.com/in/humorlaughter
"If you lose your zest for laughter - you lose your zest for life!"
All or part of this newsletter may be reprinted with permission, provided that credit is given to the author and his website https://www.humor-laughter.com
|Back to Back Issues Page|