|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Humormeister's Forum, Issue #00059
September 30, 2012
Welcome to the 59th Humormeister's Forum edition
We just got back from a Rhine/Donau river cruise. We had a wonderful time, out of this world sights, wonderful people, great food and entertainment. Absolutely the experience of a life-time!
Made a lot of new friends and even learned to speak Australian, as 95% of the passengers were Australian, so G'day mates to some of my new Australian friends!
Funny quotes "Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty....but everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out!" - Phyllis Diller
"The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused" - Shirley MacLaine
The 1 Minute Laugh
After living in the remote countryside of Ireland all his life, an old Irishman decided it was time to visit Dublin.
In one of the stores, he picks up a mirror and looks into it. Not ever having seen a mirror before, he remarked at the image staring back at him.
"How 'bout that!" he exclaims, "here is a picture of me fadder."
He bought the mirror thinking it was a picture of his dad, but on the way home he remembered his wife didn't like his father, so he hung the mirror in the shed, and every morning before leaving to to go fishing, he would go there and look at it.
His wife began to get suspicious of his many trips to the shed. So, one day after her husband left, she went to the shed and found the mirror.
As she looked into the glass, she fumed, "So that's the ugly bitch he's running around with!"
Humor from our richest 'Humor Resource'......our kids'
A letter to God from a 10 year old.
Dear God, Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother!
Feature of the month
The many benefits of laughter
1. When you make fun of yourself, you disarm those who would make fun of you and defuse possible confrontation.
2. Laughter relieves tension, stress, anger, irritation, grief and depression. Similar to crying, laughter lowers emotional barriers, allowing the release of pent-up emotions. After a hearty session of laughter, you experience a sense of true well-being.
3. Medical researchers have found that laughter boosts the immune system.
4. Laughter reduces pain by releasing endorphins that are more powerful than equivalent amounts of morphine.
5. Humor helps merge the 2 hemispheres of the brain. The left hemisphere is used to interpret the verbal content of a joke, the right hemisphere interprets whether it is funny or not.
6. Laughter adds spice to life. Laughter is to life what rain is to the earth.
7. When you develop your sense of humor, you become more productive, communicate better, and tend to a better team player.
8. Laughter provides the balance we need to get through the many hurdles in life.
9. Laughter is another form of exercise. It massages all the organs of the body according to Dr. James Walsh.
10. Laughter/humor helps you to rise to any challenge and handle the unexpected with ease.
You can now follow me on
Wanted! Your funny stories, funny experiences! Use the 'Contact page' on the website for your feedback.
If you lose your zest for laughter - you lose your zest for life!
All or part of this newsletter may be reprinted with permission, provided that credit is given to the author and his website https://www.humor-laughter.com
|Back to Back Issues Page|