Welcome to the 29th Humormeister's Forum edition
Laughter motivational quote of the month
"Laughter serves as a blocking agent. Like a bullet-proof vest, it may help protect you against the ravages of negative emotions that can assault you in disease" - Norman Cousins
Americans personal income has increased more than two and a half times over the past 50 years, but their happiness has remained the same.
The 1 Minute Laugh
Husband says, "When I get mad at you, you never fight back. How do you control your anger?" Wife says, "I clean the toilet..."
Husband says, "How does that work?" Wife says, "I use you tooth brush...."
Humor from our richest 'Humor Resource'......our kids
Little Johnny attended a horse auction with his dad. He watched as his dad moved from horse to horse running his hands up and down the horse's legs, rump and chest.
After a few minutes, Johnny asked, "Dad, why are you doing that?" His dad replied, because when I'm buying horses, I have to make sure that they are healthy and in good shape before I buy"
Johnny, looking worried, said, "Dad, I think the UPS guy wants to buy mom."
We have added a 'Happiness Course" to the website titled the "Dream Life Creator" You will find the course on the 'Happiness course' web page at https://www.humor-laughter.com
You can now follow me on
- Facebook - http://www.com/gerry.hopman
- Twitter - http://twitter/humorlaughter
- Linkedin - http://ca.linkedin.com/in/humorlaughter
In order that we can keep the https://www.humor-laughter.com website interesting and appealing we would appreciate your feedback and ideas.
As thanks for sending your feedback and ideas, I will send you a copy of my new book e-book "Lighten up! - this is the only life you've got"
I look forward to hearing from you!
feature of the month
Are we having fun yet?
When I ask people in my audience what they would like more of in their lives, most of them will have 'More fun,' at, or near the top of their list.
Do any of the following statements sound familiar to you?
- I have no time to have fun
- There are too many 'more urgent' and 'important' things to do
- By the end of the work-day, I am exhausted and have no desire, nor inclination for fun
- If I were to do have some fun, I'm afraid that I would look foolish and immature
The foregoing list are just excuses. Once people are having fun, none of these excuses hold any water.
People don;t give themselves permission to have fun and can come up with a zillion excuses.
So what are some of the things you can do to create some fun in your life?
- Go to a theme park and be a kid again for a day ( with or without the kids )
- Go to the lake, beach, indoor water park. Play with your kids, or pretend you are one
- Have a BBQ with your friends. Ask everyone to bring some water balloons, water guns etc. And let the games begin!
- Have friends over for a game of cards, or other fun game
- Have a pool party with friends and their kids
If you lose your zest for laughter - you lose your zest for life!
All or part of this newsletter may be reprinted with permission, provided that credit is given to the author and his website https://www.humor-laughter.com