Happiness Guide and facts
You can stop searching for a 'Happiness Guide.' The happiness you want is right were you are. It is within you!
Define Happiness What is your definition of a happy life? Are you living it? If you think happiness is outside you, then you will search for it, thinking that to catch it will be the end reward. However, if it is inside of you, happiness becomes the focus that allows you to live life at it's fullest and it's best.
Accept yourself Without self-acceptance, you limit and block the happiness, love, prosperity and success you will enjoy.
If you accept the fact that happiness already exists within you, you will experience more happiness around you.
Follow your Joy there is a big difference between searching for happiness and following your joy. Following your joy is about listening to your inner desires, realizing what truly inspires you. Ask yourself "When am I the happiest?"
Choose happiness Decide that your life, today, this week, this year, is going to be happy no matter what obstacles you meet up with. Set positive and happy goals and follow through with achieving them.
Happiness is Free Happiness is often overlooked, taken for granted because it's free. Money doesn't buy happiness. Think for a moment of the things that are free to you and are absolutely priceless - such as love, family, laughter, friendship, nature...
Treasure your Relationships People who give their prime time, energy and attention to their most important relationships experience greater happiness. Allow yourself to enjoy the time to have some fun and happiness with people who's company you enjoy.
To be happy, you have to be willing and prepared to forget about the past. Happiness starts with forgiveness. You can't carry a grievance and be happy at the same time.
Express your Gratitude Gratitude is the shortcut to happiness. The more grateful you are the happier you will be. We all have a lot to be grateful for, if we take the time to think about it.
Don't be a Martyr Martyrs believe that they have to sacrifice themselves along with happiness in order to enjoy life.
Nobody like a martyr. As a matter of fact most martyrs don't even like themselves.
Live in the 'NOW' Enjoy the moment, the minute, the day, the month, the year. Be aware of your surroundings, people, events, and enjoy them as you experience them.
Laugh it up! Laughter is good for the body and the mind. A life without laughter is not fully lived!
Interesting Happiness Facts
Based on 50 years of extensive psychology happiness research are some interesting happiness facts
- Your genes and family upbringing account for only half of your happiness
- Only 10% of your happiness comes from external circumstances
- Your outlook on life, and what you choose to do with your life accounts for 40% of your happiness. This includes friendships, work, and community participation
- A USA Center for Disease Control and Prevention study found that ages 20-24 are sad for 3.4 days average per month. Those between the ages of 65- 74 are sad on the average 2.3 days per month
- Just 20 minutes of exercise, three days a week will increase your happiness by 10 to 20 percent
- Several studies have shown that a pet can reduce blood pressure and stress, promoting health and happiness
- The happier you are, the more antibodies your body generates. In fact 50% more
- In the US, the number of people with clinical depression is 3-10 times more common than it was for their grandparents at the same age
- Happy people generally earn more than unhappy people
- Women are unhappiest in their life at the age of 37 and men at age 42
- Dancing increases happiness
- Sports facilities and community centers enhance a community's happiness for people using those facilities
- Those who can afford to have their basic material needs taken care of are happier than those who cannot. However, after basic material needs are met, additional money has no impact on the degree of happiness
- People in steady relationships are usually happier than people who are single, and happier pe9ople are more likely to have lasting relationships
- Education and intelligence do not make you happier than anyone else
- Clinical experiments on body odor have proven your scent changes when you are stressed or happy
- According to a study on child raising practices conducted at Harvard University, children who were hugged and cuddled more, grew up happier
- The powerful and effective way to increase your long-term feelings of happiness is to perform random acts of kindness to others, or to send a letter of gratitude to someone you care about
- The most powerful and effective way to increase you long-trem feelings of happiness is to understand your strengths, talents, and life purpose, and to share them with others