|Back to Back Issues Page|
The Humormeister's Forum, Issue #00057
July 31, 2012
Welcome to the 57th Humormeister's Forum edition
Many people have told me that they don't have the fun in life they used to have. To find out what your life's humor level is, take my 'Humor Quiz' at http://www.humor-laughter.com
Humor and laughter have the power to help you across the biggest hurdles in life, and should be constant life companions for everyone!
Funny quotes A young man fills out an application for a job and does well until he gets to the last question 'Who should we notify in case of an accident?' He mulls it over and then writes, 'Anybody in sight!'
"Really sex and laughter go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important" - Hermione Gingold
The 1 Minute Laugh
All the guys were at a deer camp. No one wanted to room with Bob, because he snored so badly. They decided it wasn't fair to make one of them stay with him the whole time, so they voted to take turns.
The first guy slept with Bob and came to breakfast the next morning with his hair a mess and his eyes all bloodshot.
They said, "man what happened to you? He said, "Bob snored so loudly, I just sat up and watched him all night."
The next night it was a different guy's turn. In the morning, same thing , hair all standing up, eyes all bloodshot.
They said, "Man, what happened to you? You look awful!" He said, "Man, that Bob shakes the roof with his snoring." He kept me awake all night."
The third night was Fred's turn. Fred was a tanned older cowboy, a man's man. The next morning he came for breakfast bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. "Good morning!" he sad. They couldn't believe it. They said," What happened?"
Fred replied, "Well, we got ready for bed. I went and tucked Bob into bed, patted him on the butt and kissed him goodnight. Bob sat up and watched me all night!"
Humor from our richest 'Humor Resource'......our kids'
My son would take along his 4 year old daughter when he did some errands around town.
When he came to one of the intersections, someone cut him off and he reacted with expressing his displeasure by saying "Shit!"
When he came home, his daughter couldn't wait to tell her mom. She said, "You know mommy, daddy said "Shit!"
Her dad said, no no Kailey, "I said shoot!"
She stood in front of her mom, moving from one foot to the other repeatedly saying, "Shoot, shit, shoot, shit."
All of a sudden she looked at her mom and said, "No mommy, daddy said shit!"
Feature of the month
Laughter a Coping Strategy
What is the greatest reward in life? A million people will provide you with a million different answers. But one outstanding award that is the same all over the world is the reward of laughter.
And the remarkable thing is that we all laugh in the same language. Laughter has no boundaries. it transgresses, gender, color, religion, and political held views. It is the one thing that is the most common amongst us in the world.
So how do we find laughter?
1. We have to recapture our smiles. Although laughter and smiles are not the same, they are related and often a smile will lead to healthy hearty laughter.
2. Spoil yourself with funny comedy movies, CD's, audios.
3. Relive some of the most embarrassing moments in your life. Relate those to family and friends and have a good laugh.
4. See the humor, find the laughter even in the annoying, frustrating things that happen to you.
5. Read the comics. Look for the fun things in the newspaper and on TV.
6. Go through photo albums and relive some of the fun of the past. Add funny capture to the pictures to enhance the fun.
7. With family at dinner time, and at workplace meetings, share some of the fun that happened to you or around you.
8. When people show anger or frustration, respond to the situation with some humor.
9. Inject some humor in your communication with coworkers, friends, family. Encourage their fun contributions.
10. Establish a 'humor buddy' relationship, someone who you share your fun with and who who can give you a 'fun boost' when you need it.
11. Share a joke. More than likely someone will share a joke back.
12. Nothing in life is that bad, or so serious that laughter won't help you through the situation.
You can now follow me on
Wanted! Your funny stories, funny experiences! Use the 'Contact page' on the website for your feedback.
If you lose your zest for laughter - you lose your zest for life!
All or part of this newsletter may be reprinted with permission, provided that credit is given to the author and his website http://www.humor-laughter.com
|Back to Back Issues Page|