Welcome to the 49th Humormeister's Forum edition
'Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!' with heaps of joy, happiness and good health.
This is a good time of the year to reflect on where you've been and where you want to go next year. Make sure you schedule fun and happy events into your schedule. If you don't plan for it, it won't happen.
I have added a number of new topics to my www.humor-laughter.com website, which are worth checking out!
- funny love quotes
- Humor/laughter store
- How to find happiness
- How to find laughter
- Office Humor
- Work and Humor
- 7 Happiness Habits
- 7 Relationship Habits
The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, and to have the two as close together as possible - George Burns
Laughter is a form of internal jogging. It moves your internal organs around. It enhances respiration. It is an igniter of great expectations - Norman Cousins
The 1 Minute Laugh
A guy bought a new fridge for his kitchen.To get rid of his old fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying: 'Free to good home.' For 3 days, the fridge sat there without anyone looking twice. He eventually decided that people were too mistrustful of his deal. So he changed the sign to read: 'Fridge for sale $ 50. The next day someone stole it!
Humor from our richest 'Humor Resource'......our kids
Little Johnny watched, fascinated, as his mother smoothed cold cream on her face. "Why do that mommy?" he asked. "To make myself beautiful" said his mother, who then began removing the cream with a tissue. What's the matter?" asked Johnny. "Giving up?"
Feature of the month
How to achieve happiness
Have you ever been on the receiving end of an unexpected gift, a good deed, or kind smile, then you know how good it feels to accept an act of kindness.
But it feels even better to be 'The Good Deed Provider,'who helps out a person in need. Offering something that goes above and beyond provides a special boost to a person's well-being.
Here are some good deeds that would create such happiness:
- Compliment a stranger
- Shovel someone's snow, or cut someone's lawn
- Feed a parking meter that's about to expire
- Visit a home bound person
- Donate some of your clothing to a charity organization
- Help someone carry groceries ti his/her vehicle
- Be a good listener to someone who needs somone to share their problems with
- Hold the door for the person behind you
,li>Donate food to the local foodbank
- Drop off your used reading material at hospitals or nursing homes
- Volunteer at a nursing home
- Look after someone's children
- Donate books to the local school system
- Canvass for charity organizations
- Help out at foodbank or soup kitchen
- Recognize someone for a job well done
- Give money or food to a homeless person
- Give a ride to someone who can't drive
- Visit an elderly person
You can now follow me on
- Facebook - http://www.com/gerry.hopman
- Twitter - http://twitter/humorlaughter
- Linkedin - http://ca.linkedin.com/in/humorlaughter
Wanted! Your funny stories, funny experiences!
Use the 'Contact page' on the website for your feedback.
If you lose your zest for laughter - you lose your zest for life!
All or part of this newsletter may be reprinted with permission, provided that credit is given to the author and his website http://www.humor-laughter.com