Welcome to the 48th Humormeister's Forum edition
New topics have been added to the http://www.humor-laughter website: 'Happiness' book/course, 7 habits of highly effective relationships, 7 habits of highly happy people.
I came across this poem recently, and like to share it with you, because I found it to be very powerful.
The world around you is a reflection, a mirror showing you the person you are
The good you find in others, is in you too.The faults you find on others, are your faults as well.
After all, to recognize something you must know it. The possibilities you see in others, are possible for you as well.
The beauty you see around you, is your beauty. The world around you is a reflection, a mirror showing you the person you are.
To change the world, you must change yourself. To blame and complain will only make matters worse. Whatever you care about is your responsibility.
What you see in others, shows yourself. See the best in others, and you will be your best. Give to others and you give to yourself.
Appreciate beauty, and you will be beautiful. Admire creativity, and you will be creative. Love, and you will be loved.
Seek to understand, and you will be understood. listen, and your voice will be heard. teach, and you will learn. Show your best face to the mirror, and you'll be happy with face looking back at you.
I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But, I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog: 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.' - Eleanor Roossevelt
"All those in favor of happiness raise your hand!" - Gerry Hopman
The 1 Minute Laugh
Two confirmed bachelors were having a conversation. That conversation drifted from politics to cooking. "I got a cookbook once", said John. "But I could never do anything with it."
"Too much fancy cooking in it, eh," asked Brian.
"You said it, everyone of the recipes began the same way - take a clean dish......."
Humor from our richest 'Humor Resource'......our kids
A nursery school teacher was delivering a station wagon full of kids home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the truck was a Dalmatian dog.
The children started discussing the dog's duties. "They use them to keep crowds back" said one child."No," said another, "He's just for good luck."
A third child brought the argument to a close. "They use the dogs
," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants....."
Feature of the month
How to be happier and more balanced
In today's world, many of us are overwhelmed with what we have to face the minute we get up in the morning.
We need to develop new ways to live, be happy and balanced in our daily lives.
1. Start out the day being appreciative of the new day, the new opportunity of fulfillment that is available to you. An optimistic, happy mind, makes for a happy fulfilled day.
2. Choose something that you will change for the better to day. Commit yourself to this approach in future days.
3. Stop and smell the roses. A few time a day take a deep breath, it will be like a 'mini vacation.'. Allow yourself regular relaxation periods while you read, or listen to your favorite music. Learn to say 'No.' If this is difficult for you, stand in front of the mirror and practice saying 'No' until your tongue bleeds.
4. Express yourself, doing something spontaneous and enjoyable. This can be dancing in the moonlight with your partner,or taking an unplanned fun trip somewhere.
5. Look after, take care of your physical and mental well-being. Eat nutritious, exercise regularly, physically as well as mentally. Allow yourself time that you spend by yourself.
You can now follow me on
- Facebook - http://www.com/gerry.hopman
- Twitter - http://twitter/humorlaughter
- Linkedin - http://ca.linkedin.com/in/humorlaughter
Wanted! Your funny stories, funny experiences!
Use the 'Contact page' on the website for your feedback.
If you lose your zest for laughter - you lose your zest for life!
All or part of this newsletter may be reprinted with permission, provided that credit is given to the author and his website http://www.humor-laughter.com